Sunday 15 January 2017

Scene 3 - ASSETS


I wasn't too impressed with myself by this scene, the blend between the fairy looking land to the stony, barren land had me struggling since I wasn't sure how to go about making the two come together. I decided on having a few bits of grass poking through the sand to give the impression the sand had buried the grass underneath. I put down a white layer in the distance and lowered the opacity to give it a thick ominous mist. Since we are now closer to the goal location I brought the mountains to scale to make them seem closer.

I intend to put more of the previously made assets such as rocks and a tree in to this piece when I begin animating in after effects which is why it looks pretty empty in this piece. The dead trees I added were to make it look even more eerie. I was really hoping to add trees with more the bare minimum amount of leaves but since all the trees I previously made were very rounded triangles I wasn't sure how to substitute it without re-designing the whole thing.

Share: