Sunday 15 January 2017

Practice Enrichment - Evaluation

Practice enrichment was a very brief module expanding our skills index based on live drawing.

We started by taking pictures of our hands and tracing them, this was very straight forward. Instead of filling in the shading we had to place lines in where the shadows, lines and detail was much more obvious.

On the live drawing week we had to work on A2 paper and an easel. I found this very straining on my wrist and back and struggled through the most part. Techniques we learned were using different medias of art such as pencil, coloured pencil, ink, pastels and chalk. This pushed me out of my comfort zone but with practice I became more comfortable with the tools we used. At first I was hopeless at measurements off the pencil but with a couple of lessons I can use them much more fluently to help improve my work. I did get ill half way through a lesson and had to leave earlier than expected but managed to catch up before everyone was ahead of me.

Overall this module has been a massive learning curve for me and I felt like although I struggled it was progress towards improvement in an area out of my comfort zone. I would like to partake in more live drawing in my own time.
Share: