Sunday 15 January 2017

Scene 1 - ASSETS

My assets for scene one consist of the boat sailing towards the island in the distance. This is a short introduction to the environment and what I wanted to be visibly clear was the volcano. Because the volcano is the end goal location I wanted to draw attention to it. I wanted it to be a different colour from the mountains before it to stand out. The island is very low on detail because I wanted it to appear as more of a shape than any detail, since it's off in the distance I didn't see the point in putting any shading in it. Since I was going for a cell shaded look I felt it would look really unusual.

For the ocean I intend to animate the waves pushed by the boat in an upwards diagonal direction. It was very effortless on my behalf but I was struggling for time management. For the blue I would like to make a solid layer on after effects and just keyframe the waves to move away.

The boat is probably the best asset in this scene since the detail is a lot more convincing. I used a reference to draw up a basic row-boat. I did consider putting bags inside the boat to make the camera look as though it's a POV from someone actually sailing but it was very last minute.




Share: